Monday, April 8, 2013

Something Meaningful


All around me I saw young girls my age either dating or already married and I couldn’t help but to feel a little envious for how happy they were. The comparisons had only just begun. More than anything I just wanted to be married.

   I felt like the odd one out. I mean, let’s just face it, everyone had someone to love them wrapped around their arms. Sometimes I got to feeling like a loser! Not having that significant other made my self-esteem and self-worth fall drastically.

At church, I would look at all the young wives and they all had something in common to me, they were all so beautiful! I didn’t feel like I would ever measure up to that kind of beauty. I had spent the next couple of weeks in a state of anger and lost. My heart felt so heavy, like I had a huge rock sitting on top of me.

I found the solution to all my problems on accident. When I took a second a look at the young women I was admiring, the all had something else in common that I didn’t recognize before. They all had something called character and substance.

Now just like me, you may ask, what do you mean by substance and character? I believe that a woman of substance is a woman who has strong character, who is consistent, she has more than meets the eye. She has many interests. She is interesting and has a great personality. But, above all this, her foundation is built apon Jesus Christ himself.

That was none of which I had at the time. I realized that I didn’t need a new hair-do, a makeup lesson, or a significant other to feel the peace that only God could give. What I needed to do was build myself up from the inside with the concrete foundation of a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Since I decided to make a conscience decision for God, I have so much to say. Not about the latest fashion or gossip, but about life and the meaning of it. I searched hi and low for something that has always been with me … the love of Jesus. Now, when I do meet that significant other, I’ll have something meaningful to say.

 

 

                                                                     Jasmine Blue






+Jamie Grace
+Focus on the Family
+Air1
+KSBJ Radio
+Proverbs 31 Sisterhood
+Kari Jobe
+Natalie Grant (Official)
+Lecrae Moore
+Toby Mac
+Anthem Lights
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment